Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker


Monday, May 07, 2007

Fever Day 3

Mummy: Chloe is still running a fever at 38.7deg and her appetite is still as poor. Her teacher from childcare, Teacher Wu called and asked what happen to Chloe. I told Teacher Wu, Chloe is running a fever hence I did not send her to childcare, I tried to call the childcare earlier on but no one picked up my call. She asked if it's HMFD, I said so far no signs of spots. Then she told me today there's 2 HFMD cases and 2 suspected cases. I'm worried and hopefully for Chloe's case is not HFMD.

During lunchtime, she ask for egg, I quickly went to boil 2 eggs for her, she had 3 mouths and tell me she don't want to eat anymore.

At around evening time, we brought her back to the clinic, saying Chloe still had fever and if it's possible for us to get another day of MC. The nurse gave us another day of MC but said if Chloe still had fever by then we got to bring her back to see the doctor.

It's 9pm and I took the temperature again for Chloe. It's 39.7deg! I thought after having fever for so many days the fever should be more or less gone but how come it still shoot up? I suggested going back to the clinic since they closed at 11pm but hubby said he rather go down to KK children's emergency. We fed Chloe with paracetamol and sponge her with cold water. At 10.10pm, her temperature is still 39+, so we head down to KK.

It's our 1st time @ KKH Children's emergency. We have to go to the main entrance there and let the nurse check before we need to register, and then wait to see doctor. The consultation fees is $75 flat. Chloe was given priority as the nurse said her temperature is 38.5deg and we fed her with paracetamol 1hr ago. We waited for less than 30mins and went into Room 11 for consultation. Doctor said Chloe has some red spots at her back and she's not sure if it's HMFD. She asked us to go back and followup with a GP/Polyclinic in 2 days' time to check on the rashes.

And she prescribed 2 bottles of paracetamol. As it's our first time there, we din know these are considered standard medicine and it's include in the consultation fees. Just now the doctor wanted to give Chloe some flu syrup but I told her no need as we still have at home. Argh, should have taken it.

--------------------oOo--------------------


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home